My prayers feel like poison
How could I draw you into this
My sin has separated me
I pray in my unrighteousness
I give God cause to hate me
Then I approach the great white throne
I hate myself for what I’ve done
But I can come to Him alone
Though I feel unworthy
And that I am in this dark season
None other can console me
None other has the right or reason
Jesus Christ, my righteousness
By His dark death I am now pleading
He is all my hope and stay
His broken body bloodied, bleeding
Nailed on the tall Roman cross
To cancel death and sin’s old power
He advocates for me today
And I run to Him, my strong tower
Someone commented how I never post anymore, hence the short one about the Vikings/Packers game. The reason I haven’t been posting isn’t that I’m running out of things to say, I’m just so busy! Here’s what I’ve been up to:
- Learning Greek – I started taking Greek 1 through TBI and I love it! Who would have thought case endings could be so thrilling!
- Teaching at Wednesday Connection – The curriculum is Rejoicing in Gods Design: a study of Biblical Manhood and Womanhood. I haven’t actually started teaching yet, but that will come soon. I need to prepare for lessons, plus the leaders are reading a book along side the class curriculum, so it’s a big commitment!
- Co-leading a Small Group – …with Dieudonne and Stephanie! It’s a blast and I love our group. It is so encouraging to do life with folks who are striving for Christ every day.
- Filling Up My House – Buying a house is just the beginning. Then you have to buy furniture, a vacuum cleaner, a shoe rack, etc. It’s a ton of work (and money).
- Having a Housewarming Party – You’re invited! I decided that October 17th would be a great day to have everyone I know come over. Even if I don’t know you, I’d love to change that, so please come!
- So many other little things – having people over for dinner, practicing to play for a wedding this Saturday, getting work done, spending time with my family, spending time with old and new friends, etc. The days go by so fast!
So thanks for the grace you’ve given me, sticking around. I hope that what I write blesses you in some way.
As the sun was flashing between the trees, it’s light making shapes on the road, the cold [!!] air made everything seem so clear. The trees were hanging onto green, and I was struck by what was said by Pastor John in the Q&A at the DG natcon.
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
What a grace that day was, that God would reveal Himself to us and withhold His righteous wrath.