Someone commented how I never post anymore, hence the short one about the Vikings/Packers game. The reason I haven’t been posting isn’t that I’m running out of things to say, I’m just so busy! Here’s what I’ve been up to:
- Learning Greek – I started taking Greek 1 through TBI and I love it! Who would have thought case endings could be so thrilling!
- Teaching at Wednesday Connection – The curriculum is Rejoicing in Gods Design: a study of Biblical Manhood and Womanhood. I haven’t actually started teaching yet, but that will come soon. I need to prepare for lessons, plus the leaders are reading a book along side the class curriculum, so it’s a big commitment!
- Co-leading a Small Group – …with Dieudonne and Stephanie! It’s a blast and I love our group. It is so encouraging to do life with folks who are striving for Christ every day.
- Filling Up My House – Buying a house is just the beginning. Then you have to buy furniture, a vacuum cleaner, a shoe rack, etc. It’s a ton of work (and money).
- Having a Housewarming Party – You’re invited! I decided that October 17th would be a great day to have everyone I know come over. Even if I don’t know you, I’d love to change that, so please come!
- So many other little things – having people over for dinner, practicing to play for a wedding this Saturday, getting work done, spending time with my family, spending time with old and new friends, etc. The days go by so fast!
So thanks for the grace you’ve given me, sticking around. I hope that what I write blesses you in some way.
God is good.
I’m buying a house! I think everything has been ironed out, all the papers are signed, the loan machine has started, I’m freaking excited! My hopes for this house are huge, I’m praying God works mightily. May it be used by God to bless believers and nonbelievers in the Phillips neighborhood. May God protect this house and those who live in it. May all who enter into this house meet with God. Oh man, I could go on, and I will in my prayers. Please join me in that.
Praying for this decision has resulted in some of the most intimate times with God in my life. I’ve been able to spending days in prayer over decisions, pray (with my realtor!) before we wrote up the offer and have so many of my friends pray for this whole ordeal too. And God is faithful. My greatest prayer was that through all the dealings and if I were to get the house, that His name would be honored. And on the tail end of the buying process, I can say that it has.
The other thing was very good. It didn’t go the way I had hoped, but looking back I’m glad it didn’t. God sanctified and blessed me through that experience, and I expect He will continue to do so.
There are a few big decisions that I’m making. The one I’m most excited about is going to remain a secret for now, at least to the blog world. Some friends already know since I talk about it constantly 🙂
The other big decision is this: I’m going to buy a house. Well, I’m going to offer on a house and I hope to get it. It’s a gorgeous house too. A Bethlehem family owns it now, but they already have an offer accepted at a new place, so they want to sell this one. This house is right where I want to live, in the middle of Phillips, near some friends, I could stop looking and just get a house. I’m ready. Lets do it.
Both of these things have the potential to be very good things. Exceedingly good. Like I’m crazy excited to see how they both work out. But they may not. I might not get this house. The other thing could end up flopping (please Lord, let things go well!). I have no control over the decisions others make. I play my part, not theirs. I may want people to think and act in certain ways, but there are no guarantees. Both these things are contingent on the decision of other people, and the Lord will work out all things for the good of those who love Him.
May the Lord do what seems good to Him.