Here’s what’s happened recently:
- My laptop broke (the biggest reason I’ve been writing here less). I had a bad stick of RAM which, I think, corrupted a system file. I replaced the RAM, but it still won’t boot without a BSOD, so I need to grab my files and reformat. Maybe I’ll try Ubuntu again.
- I have been keeping up with my reading resolution, just haven’t been posting the reviews. Cut me some slack, I haven’t had a working laptop!
- A friend just told me “I love your women stories”. I’m not sure what she meant, or if that’s a good thing, but I do have a lot of them. And I got a few more this weekend.
- Sid (a roommate) and Lacy got married on Saturday! Congrats you two! I’ll certainly miss Sid’s constant antics and Lacy’s frequent visits (she just lived a few houses down). Hopefully we still see each other often!
- Tristan (another roommate) and I walked down I-35 on Sunday while traffic was stopped because of an accident ahead. It was quite the experience.
- Slowly but surely, I’m starting to teach more in small group. Dieudonne is leaving in August, and our small group will continue. I’m learning how to lead better, with a lot of grace from the folks in our group.
- I’ve started a healthy questioning of my engineering career. In a bid to avoid being limited by my expectations, I’m starting to explore what music production would entail.
- My (final) roommate Brian buzzed my head a few weeks ago. Don’t worry, I asked him to 🙂
- The Trinona is coming in less than two weeks! Let’s just say that my training regime hasn’t looked too different from last year.
- After asking how to cancel my Comcast account, they gave me faster service for $4/month less than what I was paying with my old promotion. But it’s $30/month less than what they wanted to charge me. Internet pricing is such a scam.
- I’m trying to convince Travis to move in with us. Sid being moved out, Tristan out traveling for work, and Brian having an opposite schedule really makes for a lonely house sometimes.
- Yardwork is ever looming…
So there you have it, the happening world of Scott.
Someone commented how I never post anymore, hence the short one about the Vikings/Packers game. The reason I haven’t been posting isn’t that I’m running out of things to say, I’m just so busy! Here’s what I’ve been up to:
- Learning Greek – I started taking Greek 1 through TBI and I love it! Who would have thought case endings could be so thrilling!
- Teaching at Wednesday Connection – The curriculum is Rejoicing in Gods Design: a study of Biblical Manhood and Womanhood. I haven’t actually started teaching yet, but that will come soon. I need to prepare for lessons, plus the leaders are reading a book along side the class curriculum, so it’s a big commitment!
- Co-leading a Small Group – …with Dieudonne and Stephanie! It’s a blast and I love our group. It is so encouraging to do life with folks who are striving for Christ every day.
- Filling Up My House – Buying a house is just the beginning. Then you have to buy furniture, a vacuum cleaner, a shoe rack, etc. It’s a ton of work (and money).
- Having a Housewarming Party – You’re invited! I decided that October 17th would be a great day to have everyone I know come over. Even if I don’t know you, I’d love to change that, so please come!
- So many other little things – having people over for dinner, practicing to play for a wedding this Saturday, getting work done, spending time with my family, spending time with old and new friends, etc. The days go by so fast!
So thanks for the grace you’ve given me, sticking around. I hope that what I write blesses you in some way.
I am in love with my church.
I just recently joined a small group with Bethlehem Baptist Church and have been loving every bit of it. I went to Saturday service a few weeks ago (almost a month now) and ran into EY (who I’m going to do triathlons with). He had given Jordan a ride and they invited me to sit next to them. They sat next to Matt. Matt invited us to a small group that was starting (though I learned about 3 weeks and much confusion later that it was actually the second group to split from a different small group led by Jason (who I had met 2 years ago at a summer gathering after church at some pastors house). A rather ridiculous story with some incredible results!
I went to the small group and loved it! Dieudonne, Matt and Stephanie are leading it. Dieudonne taught the first week on Colossians 1:1,2. I was blown away. He laid out how Paul had never even met the Colossians, yet he calls them brothers (1:2), and “from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you” (1:9). How much love does Paul have for these believers who he has never even met! And how much more love would Paul have toward the Colossians after regularly praying for them! That is the vision for this group: that we would be praying for eachother regularly and growing in love for one another. Dieudonne talked about the grace and peace that Paul prayed for the Colossians as well, why Paul would pray those things and what it really means. I don’t remember that as clearly, but it was very Christ glorifying.
Saturday and Sunday evenings are becoming my favorite times of the week. I am really enjoying this fellowship that is leading me to the Cross. I am in love with the Gospel. The good news that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us, and those who believe on Jesus will be saved from the just wrath of God. Amen! If you don’t, please trust Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And if you do, bury yourself even deeper in that trust, that belief, that faith in Christ.