Here’s what’s happened recently:
- My laptop broke (the biggest reason I’ve been writing here less). I had a bad stick of RAM which, I think, corrupted a system file. I replaced the RAM, but it still won’t boot without a BSOD, so I need to grab my files and reformat. Maybe I’ll try Ubuntu again.
- I have been keeping up with my reading resolution, just haven’t been posting the reviews. Cut me some slack, I haven’t had a working laptop!
- A friend just told me “I love your women stories”. I’m not sure what she meant, or if that’s a good thing, but I do have a lot of them. And I got a few more this weekend.
- Sid (a roommate) and Lacy got married on Saturday! Congrats you two! I’ll certainly miss Sid’s constant antics and Lacy’s frequent visits (she just lived a few houses down). Hopefully we still see each other often!
- Tristan (another roommate) and I walked down I-35 on Sunday while traffic was stopped because of an accident ahead. It was quite the experience.
- Slowly but surely, I’m starting to teach more in small group. Dieudonne is leaving in August, and our small group will continue. I’m learning how to lead better, with a lot of grace from the folks in our group.
- I’ve started a healthy questioning of my engineering career. In a bid to avoid being limited by my expectations, I’m starting to explore what music production would entail.
- My (final) roommate Brian buzzed my head a few weeks ago. Don’t worry, I asked him to 🙂
- The Trinona is coming in less than two weeks! Let’s just say that my training regime hasn’t looked too different from last year.
- After asking how to cancel my Comcast account, they gave me faster service for $4/month less than what I was paying with my old promotion. But it’s $30/month less than what they wanted to charge me. Internet pricing is such a scam.
- I’m trying to convince Travis to move in with us. Sid being moved out, Tristan out traveling for work, and Brian having an opposite schedule really makes for a lonely house sometimes.
- Yardwork is ever looming…
So there you have it, the happening world of Scott.
Someone commented how I never post anymore, hence the short one about the Vikings/Packers game. The reason I haven’t been posting isn’t that I’m running out of things to say, I’m just so busy! Here’s what I’ve been up to:
- Learning Greek – I started taking Greek 1 through TBI and I love it! Who would have thought case endings could be so thrilling!
- Teaching at Wednesday Connection – The curriculum is Rejoicing in Gods Design: a study of Biblical Manhood and Womanhood. I haven’t actually started teaching yet, but that will come soon. I need to prepare for lessons, plus the leaders are reading a book along side the class curriculum, so it’s a big commitment!
- Co-leading a Small Group – …with Dieudonne and Stephanie! It’s a blast and I love our group. It is so encouraging to do life with folks who are striving for Christ every day.
- Filling Up My House – Buying a house is just the beginning. Then you have to buy furniture, a vacuum cleaner, a shoe rack, etc. It’s a ton of work (and money).
- Having a Housewarming Party – You’re invited! I decided that October 17th would be a great day to have everyone I know come over. Even if I don’t know you, I’d love to change that, so please come!
- So many other little things – having people over for dinner, practicing to play for a wedding this Saturday, getting work done, spending time with my family, spending time with old and new friends, etc. The days go by so fast!
So thanks for the grace you’ve given me, sticking around. I hope that what I write blesses you in some way.
I’m in the process of organizing all the posts I imported from Blogger. Apparently I used categories there like WordPress likes to use tags, so I’m going through and changing them all. It’s tedious.
I read a lot of blogs, and know how nice it is when folks don’t ramble on. Short posts are wonderful. So I’ll try to do that from now on. Hopefully it will encourage me to write more. I won’t always stick to it though.
I’ve been pretty busy lately. Ok maybe not too busy, but I haven’t been setting aside time to slow down. So here’s an update for anyone who’s interested:
- I read the Twilight series in 4 days. At one point I read 120 pages in an hour. I didn’t think that was possible. And talk about an unhealthy relationship!
- It was my birthday on Saturday. I got to spend it making some tasty treats with my sister and mom. Then we all ate Chinese food.
- Shane and Shane are my favorite group to see live. They are incredible artists, skilled musicians and sold out for Jesus. I haven’t been able to get them out of my head since seeing them on Friday (and I don’t want to).
- I’m going to hook up Shane Everett with some In Ear Monitors from my company.
- I need to get to bed earlier. Always.
I know I forgot some things, but that’s fine. Just give me a call, I’d love to hear from you. I hope to write more, taking the time to put to paper (electronic bits?) what I’ve been thinking about. I have some new ideas and some old ideas that will (hopefully) be showing up here soon enough.
Thanks for reading!